Tuesday 10 August 2010

I can't Help But LOVE the New LOVE cover.....


"And God Created Woman"….. Love Magazine’s September issue featuring British beauty Rosie Huntington Whiteley. This seriously photoshopped editorial has an almost cartoon-like twist, like the Caramel Bunny, Jessica Rabbit or Betty Boop. Lately there has been much debate and discussion about retouching’s perceived effects on society. Magazines and advertisers creating an ideal, which many people believe is not healthy for society. I personally believe that banning re-touching and photoshopping in magazines and advertising companies would only create more economic hardship within the design world and that just adding a disclaimer is better than an outright ban. Anyway I HEART these LOVE covers so much, me and my housemates bought three just for decor for the new flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment