Monday 9 August 2010

Banana Coladas and Forest Fires


Just back home from a fabulous 2 weeks of Sun, Sea and Sangria with the girlies in Espana. I have found that blogging becomes quite a subconscious art. I find myself subliminally analysing everything around me, questioning why it is there and why/ how it effects me. You begin to notice things that you may not have not done before. I also find you stumble across the best things accidently..... On one of the days a large forest fire (and too many banana coladas) prevented us from getting back up the hill to our villa, so we went on a tour of the tiny town Benidoleig and realised how much of its stunning architecture we had never seen or taken in. The colours of the buildings were quirky and unique and the intricate detail of the architecture captured the history of the town; the Emerald Baron de Finestrat’s Manor House and the Cuervas de las Calaveras or Skull Caves.















I find photographs of buildings are never as effective, as they can not be touched and appreciated as architecture can. The ornate wrought iron decor used, both outside and inside, almost all of the traditional spanish homes, gives an almost labyrinthine feel and adds to the elegance of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment