Friday 27 August 2010

I Heart Maria Francesca Pepe



My year in industry hasn't just been about experiencing the design workplace. I wanted to immerse myself in what I was doing and meet interesting people who are also passionate about design. At Trace publicity, my final internship, I watched as the 'Big Boss'(Fabulous Lian) started up her own company from scratch.


I watched how she manage her time to get her company up and running whilst still working hard for the clients she rapidly gained. It was a very exciting time and her strong work ethic and magnetic relationship with the sensational Roberto (her business pa

rtner) together brought the clients flying in and I loved being there to watch it grow at such speed. From Trace I learnt that I need to work within a team that I more than just get on with. Relationships at work are vital and I giggled, smiled and loved everything about the months I had at Trace.

I met up with Lian last week for a glass of wine, or 3 (she’s an increasingly bad influence on me!) and she was telling me about her latest client th

e Fan-Tab-Bu-Lous Maria Fracesca Pepe. Born in Foggia, Italy, and destined to a life of design. Lian t

urned up in Covent Garden bejeweled in MFP’s statement metal 3D cross rings. I fell in love! Maria Francesca Pepe’s AW/1011 collection explores the “state of transition from human to animal, from life to death and vice versa as a condition of beauty.”


Leather, Metal, Wolf Fur, Teeth and Eroticism makes up her new collection “In the Woods”. I’m off back to Trace next week to help Lian with Maria’s London Fashion Week show.....lets hope I’ll be decked out in MFP’s stunningly luxurious and unique pieces for the show!

1 comment: